The Liebster Blog Award is flying through the blogosphere and I am so very honoured to become a part of the chain. I was nominated by the amazing alwaysopinionatedgirl, if you haven’t checked out her blog already, make sure you swing by! I admire her dedication and her posts are always a joy to read. Thank you SO MUCH for deeming me worthy of receiving this.
*** Towards the end of this post, I got a notification that I was nominated for this award by a second person – Much Ado About YA, THANK YOU! ***
The purpose of this award is to shed light on the tons of new blogs out there that deserve to be read, and need to be recognised. It helps bloggers find their way and readers might just find a new favourite as well!
Here are the rules:
1. Link and thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator gives you
3. Tag 11 other bloggers who have 200 or less followers
4. Ask the 11 bloggers you nominated 11 questions and let them know you nominated them!
Let’s get to the questions, shall we?
1) Which fictional character are you most like?
Honestly? I feel kind of like a Dobby from Harry Potter. I know, that’s REALLY weird but I’m excitable and very random. I don’t literally beat myself up if I do something wrong, but I do dwell on it a lot. I’m not tall or big, I’m quite petite. If I met the real Harry Potter, then hell yeah I’d worship him like my life depended on it!
2) Which fandoms are you in?
THRONE OF GLASS
THE DARKEST MINDS
ANYTHING WITH A HOT MALE CHARACTER Jk… Well, not really…
3) What is your favourite book cover?
I’d have to say Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I’m in love with the colour scheme!
4) Which 5 books would you take with you to a desert island?
Ugh… This is hard..
Can I take my Nook and “bend the rules”?
Well, I suppose not.
I would take Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix because that one’s HILARIOUS. I would take Eleanor & Park because that book is so heart wrenchingly amazing, it would probably make me forget I’m actually on a desert island. I would take Heir of Fire because I haven’t read it yet and I bet it’s absolutely AMAZING. I’d also take The Darkest Minds and Anna and the French Kiss because I keep putting off reading it and that way, I’d be forced to read it.
5) What is your favourite children’s picture book?
Well, I don’t necessarily have a favourite picture book, but my favourite series as a child was The Famous Five series by Enid Blyton.
6) What do you like most and like least about book blogging?
I love book blogging because I recently moved to another continent, and I have yet to make a friend that is such an avid reader like me, so book blogging is where I vent, rant, obsess and fangirl over all of the things my friends at school would roll their eyes at.
Something I do not like about book blogging is my personal posting habits. I can sometimes go ages without posting – for a specific reason of course – but when I come back, I’ve lost all of my views and readers. That’s understandable, but whenever it happens I beat myself up about it and that doesn’t feel too good.
7) When was the last time you cried reading a book?
Eleanor and Park, June of 2014. I full out sobbed in front of my mother, grandmother, uncles, aunts, and my four cousins – who are all boys and don’t read. I did choke up a bit during Crown of Midnight – those Celeana/Chaol moments ❤ ❤
8) Which book are you most embarrassed to say you haven’t read?
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. It’s sitting right there on my bookshelf!
9) Why and when did you decide to start your blog?
I decided to start this blog this summer with one of my best friends, the Gleek on this blog. We started off great, but then I moved to a different time zone and it became a huge mess. So, we decided to start over with Fangirl Fever, but my friend hasn’t really been posting at all… I’m going to keep it up, anyway!
10) What are three things about you that not many people know?
As a child, I suffered through a severe case of pneumonia.
I don’t do single beds. I need some leg room!!!
Even though I’m such a huge bookworm, I only just defied my parents and stayed up reading under the covers for the first time a month ago.
11) What one book would you recommend I read?
Firebolt by Adrienne Woods! I have a review on it, and one on it’s sequel coming up soon!
And… I just got a notification that I got nominated by Maria @ Much Ado About YA. Check out her awesome blog! Thanks for nominating me!
Alright, since I just answered eleven questions, I’m going to pick out my favourite questions from Maria!
12) When you like an author, do you tend to read all of his/her work?
No, not necessarily. I’ve only done this with Rainbow Rowell, since she’s so amazing!!
13) If you could go to one character’s fictional world, whose would it be?
I know this is cliche, but I would LOVE to visit the wizarding world in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling.
14) If you could be one character for a day, who would it be and why?
I think I’d like to spend a day in Celeana Sardothien’s shoes. I know that’s really strange, because why would you want to be an assassin with a painful past? But, I love the idea of living in that medieval kind of setting and I really want to wear one of those beautiful dresses Sarah J. Mass keeps describing. Plus, I LOVE YOU, CHAOL!
Thank you again to both of you lovely bloggers for nominating me for this award! You must check them out!
Okay, I’m off to prowl through the Reader to find some blogs to nominate. I don’t really know that many bloggers…
Some of you up there probably haven’t even heard of my blog before, so hi! This is Fangirl Fever. Welcome 🙂
Alright, I just spent the past hour scouring through WordPress, and it’s getting a bit too late here so, I’m going to have to cheat and only nominate five for now 😦
Maybe I’ll put up a part two tomorrow?
Anyway, for now, here are my eleven questions for you:
1) What is your ONE favourite book of all time? Oh yeah. I went there.
2) If you were to ship two characters from two completely different series, who would they be and why?
3) Cast five characters from your favourite book that has NOT already been turned into a TV show or movie.
4) Name a book you wouldn’t mind putting through a paper shredder(no offence to the author).
5) Either your favourite book suddenly never exists or your OTP is broken up forever. Choose.
6) Five strange reading habits?
7) Have you ever dressed up as a book character for halloween? If not, who would you want to dress up as?
8) Explain why reading is important to you with using a word that has the letter “A” in it. Is that even possible? Try it! 🙂 If all of you manage to do it, I’ll try it, too.
9) Ever written fanfiction?
10) Which book series do you wish had another installment?
11) What is a major mispronunciation that you read with until you figured out you were reading it wrong?